It is important to constantly look for ways to develop yourself in line with your professional responsibilities and ambitions. This can range from volunteering your time with a sports club or charity, taking on a summer internship or going through professional qualifications. There are also numerous FREE courses put on by sporting and non-sporting organisations that can help boost your knowledge and make you more employable.
The University of Edinburgh Careers Service has a wide variety of resources available to students and staff looking to develop themselves or take the next step in their career. The Careers Service can be found at the following locations:
- Central Area: 3rd Floor, Main Library Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9LJ
- King’s Buildings: 1st floor, the Nucleus, Thomas Bayes Road, Edinburgh EH9 3FG (next to the Noreen and Kenneth Murray Library)
The Sports Union has two versions of the Edinburgh Award. This is a skills develkopment prorgamme administered by the Careers Service and delivered by the SU. The Leadership version is open to anyone in a Sports Union club committee role, and participants will have the opportunity to participate in CPD opportunities alongside developing their chosen skills. New for 2023/24 there will be a Coaching version of the Award for any coaches registered with a Sports Union club. This version will help develop coaches through coach-specific CPD and skills development.
Find out more about the Sports Union Edinburgh Award.
CPD Opportunities in Sport
- Volunteer to support students with their wellbeing and mental health.
sportscotland Jobs Website
- Check out the latest roles being advertised across sport in Scotland.
Scottish Student Sport
- SSS have lots of volunteering vacancies across their sports and development groups.
- Join the add-victor community and get free support and access to the latest graduate opportunities.