Edinburgh University Sports Union
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it.
Edinburgh University Sports Union (EUSU) processes the personal data of our Club and Intramural Members and CVA Members, and other registered website users, in order to deliver and improve the opportunities and services we provide in a personalised manner, to ensure each individual receives relevant information and to ensure we use resources in the most efficient and effective way. To do so, we are using DotDigital and MSL as our mailing systems. The information you provide will be used by EUSU to:
- Keep you up to date with news and progress regarding the University
- Provide you with information on any services you have requested and the promotion of benefits, events, services and products
- Ensure we only communicate with you about events, opportunities, or services of interest to you.
We are currently using information about you because you have registered as a user on our website.
Only Club and Intramural Members and CVA Members who have previously given us consent will be added to our mailing lists. We will hold the personal data you provided us for 1 year. After this period you will be required to re-register on the EUSU website. Alternatively, you can opt out of the mailing list at any time.
We do not use profiling or automated decision-making processes. A human decision maker will always be involved before any decision is reached in relation to you.
The legal basis for using the data provided:
- Necessary for performance of contract: allows the Sports Union to verify astudent’s eligibility to compete for the University.
- Vital interests: in relation to potential medical emergency or injury, allows the Sports Union to provide paramedics with the student’s name, address,etc.
- Necessary for legitimate interest: allows the Sports Union to inform members about services related to their membership and allow the Sports Union to analyse data for future funding applications with the University. Allows the Sports Union to verify a student's eligibility to vote in elections.
The Sports Union will share your data with the University to update your HEARreport and Development & Alumni to update your student records.
For Management information, research, and learning analytics. We may analyse data on members usage, attendance and engagement, and service utilisation data in order to: understand the behaviour of our members, support programme quality assurance; enhance the quality of our services and facilities; enhance our member systems and support services. While we will where possible use anonymised data for these purposes, in some cases we will use personal data where there is a legitimate interest in doing so. Where we use personal data for these purposes, we will ensure that any published information is anonymised. The system used for this reporting is Cascade Analytics which is fed information from our XN membership system for which applications and data are hosted on University servers.
Last updated: January 2023