UoE Summer 5’s Tournament
Wed 07 July 2021 13:00-17:00
Peffermill Playing Fields
Join us at Peffermill Playing Fields for our Summer 5's tournament! We’re excited to welcome you back, or welcome you to Sport at Edinburgh for the first time. All members of the University Community are welcome, All members of the University Community are welcome, from academic staff, professional services staff, and support staff to UG and PG students, whether you’ve played five-a-side football before or it’s your first time. This friendly football festival is for anyone to come together with friends and colleagues, to meet people from other areas of the university and to get active and have fun! We have so much to offer our community at Edinburgh so come along to what we hope is the first of many more friendly, active events!
We understand the importance of physical activity and wellbeing, and as such the entry fee will be donated to SAMH (the Scottish Association for Mental Health) to support the incredible work they do.
How do I get involved?
You can register with your full 5-a-side team, or if you want us to assign you a team, register as an individual!
Register using the link below:
Click here to register for the event!
When and where will the event be held?
We’ll be down at Peffermill Playing Fields on Wednesday 7th July from 12.30pm with an all-teams briefing at 12.45pm and first kick off at 1pm. We are aiming to have the final match and winners trophy presentation finish by 5pm.
What Covid-19 measures will be in place?
There will be a QR Code upon arrival for you to scan to provide details required for Track and Trace purposes. As per guidance, details will be safely stored for 21 days before being deleted.
There will be antibacterial hand gel available around the facility, and we ask you to maintain social distancing when you are not playing your matches.
You won’t need to wear a mask whilst playing, but you may choose to wear a mask when whilst spectating other matches if you would prefer.
There will be staff present at the event to oversee and make sure measures are maintained throughout for the safety and enjoyment of all participants.
Anything else I need to know?
- All Covid guidelines will be adhered to, which includes a briefing before the session.
- Bring water, a mask, and trainers you can play football in.
- Peffermill is located just outside of the city, you can walk there or arrive by bus.
- Please try and wear similar colour tops to your teammates.
- You’ll receive all information you’ll need once you register, so please share this with your teammates.
- Indoor facilities will be closed, so please come prepared with additional clothing layers and food if needed.
- Toilets will be available for participants.